Thursday, March 11, 2010

I actually took this picture a along time ago. Ha ha its actually a pretty fun story.

Justin, Nathaly, and I decided to go take pictures at like 4:50 a.m.
We got in the car and drove up the canyon and stopped in midway. We took a few pictures there and got breakfast at a gas station. Then we went and passed through Park city and went to salt lake. We took a few pictures there as well and then headed to the Draper Temple. It was around the time that they were doing to open house. I was so happy! A few years ago I remember when it was just a yellow sign that said, "Draper Temple, Property of the LDS church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints."
Three years or so later, there is this beautiful temple in its place. I had watched it get bigger with every few months. It was amazing. My family and I always drive up to salt lake, and from the freeway you get a lovely view of the temple.
SO, justin, tally, and I start taking pictures around the temple ( picture on left) and a lady comes up to us and asks us if we want to go inside.
I really really wanted to but we felt very under dressed. We were in our t-shirts and dirty pants (when you kneel down to take a pic. your knees get mud on them) I told her that we weren't exactly in temple clothes and she just smiled at us and told us to head into the church near by and then just go in.
The inside of this temple is beyond words. It is one of the most beautiful places i've ever seen. Every single room was just breath taking. At the end of the tour we sat in the sealing room. The feelings I had there were over whelming and our small "picture trip" had turned into an amazing spiritual experience. I am so thankful that that sweet lady invited us in. This "picture trip" is something I am going to remember for the rest of my life.

-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment